Ice Assistance Committee
Objective: To attract a number of interested Club Members to be knowledgeable on Curling Club Ice making principals and provide ice assessment and assistance for the Ice Tech.
Proposed activities could include:
- Gain skills to understand, assess and recommend positive recommendations to improve the Curling Club ice experience.
- Assessment of the exciting ice plant and equipment.
- Assessment of the current ice making practises.
- Learn basic Ice Tech duties, (ie. Moping, Pebbling, Nipping etc).
- Assist with or canvas for assistance at ice flooding or ice remove times.
- Provide backup skills to assist the Ice Tech on high ice usage times (ie. bonspiels, competitions etc).
- If Ice Tech is unable to perform his basic ice assignments, provide assistance until the iceman is able to perform his duties.
The Curl Ice Director will be the Chairmen of the committee. This committee would provide a backup for the chairmen, as well as potential for future Ice Directors.
Interested Curlers can check the IAC box in the Volunteering section found under the Member tab.